Some of my European connections by country:
- United Kingdom. Born in Carshalton. Grew up in Greater London. Studied in Bristol. Lived in London, Sep 14 – present. Step-brother living in Edinburgh.
- Spain. Lived in Granada, Sep 13 – Jun 14. Speak Spanish. Visited Madrid several times, much of the south and east coast, and recently Oviedo in the north.
- Ireland. Two great Irish friends. Visited in Jul 14.
- France. Studied in Paris 2011 – 2012. Speak French. Visited much of the country. Went out with a French-Lebanese girl. For a long time, was infatuated with the country. My sister was in Paris during the Bataclan attacks.
- Italy. Have been dating a wonderful, beautiful Italian since 2015. Learning Italian is a work in progress. So far, have seen only her home town in the north and a brief trip to Tuscania and Rome.
- Germany. Good friend from school moved to Germany after uni, from Stutgart to Berlin to Aachen to Frankfurt.
- Belgium. Stopped in Leuven to see friends of my girlfriend in Dec 15.
- Austria. Went a few times to an opera festival in Bregenz while at school. Lately crossed from Salzburg to Vienna by train.
- Slovakia. Visited the capital Bratislava in Jul 16.
- Romania. Travelled from Bucharest up to the Saxon centre in Nov 16.
- Hungary. Visited Budapest in winter 2016. Fan of their wine.
- Switzerland. Visited a uni friend in Nov 14 while he was working in Geneva.
- Liechtenstein. Visited for a day from nearby Bregenz.
- Andorra. Where I learned to ski.
- Vatican City. Visited while on a trip with friends after finishing school.